This month our Diocese is celebrating and giving thanks as one of our churches reaches their centenary.

St Mark’s, Ashford was built in 1923 and dedicated on 23rd March, 1924 by Bp Wentworth-Sheilds. Previously, the congregation had been meeting in the Ashford Union Church which was becoming too small for the growing community. A large proportion of the materials for the church came from the disused vicarage at Bukkulla. The bell in the photo is a memorial to all those from the parish who served in WWII and was erected and dedicated in 1948.

Currently part of the Inverell Parish, the congregation still meets for services at St Mark’s on the first and third Sundays of every month. They join the Presbyterian Church on second and fourth Sundays.

On Saturday March 23rd, people gathered from all over our Diocese to celebrate 100 years of gospel ministry at Ashford. The celebrations included a special service in the church with lunch together afterwards.

May be an image of 9 people and wedding