Anglican Diocese of Armidale

The Anglican Diocese of Armidale exists to glorify God by introducing people to Jesus and helping them home to heaven.

 

Our History

What has become known as the Diocese of Armidale was first part of the Diocese of Australia then the Diocese of Newcastle followed by the Diocese of Grafton-Armidale. In 1914 Grafton and Armidale separated and Armidale became a Diocese in its own right. 2014, therefore, marked the centenary of the Diocese.

Articles:

The Earliest Days of Ministry in Armidale

Rev. Septimus Hungerford

The First Bishop of Grafton and Armidale’s Short Reign

Bishop James Turner

Bishop James Turner’s Death

'Maud'

St. Peter's Tower

St Peter's Cathedral Carillon

Heritage Listing of the Cathedral

A Fruitful Commission

A Landmark in the Cathedral's History